Strategic Planning is not just a buzz word for us; it is the foundation through which we help our clients build partnerships throughout the destination, and point the way forward. We understand the importance of stakeholder inclusion throughout the process. We ensure that everyone who feels they have a stake in the success of the plan participates in its development.
At Destination Strategy Partners, we view our role as less a planner than as a facilitator. No matter how much research we do, we will never have the same expertise on the destination as our clients who live, sleep, eat, and breathe the destination daily. Our role is not to tell a community what it should do next. Our role is to use our tourism expertise to help guide the stakeholders in making consensus-built decisions that create a shared vision, and a framework for a plan of action to achieve that vision.
During our engagements, we first meet with key staff to outline the expectations for the final product. Subsequently, meetings will be held with industry and government leaders and along with staff, we begin adding building blocks to the foundation already established. The outcomes developed from the planning sessions will provide the team with:
- A vision for the future
- An understanding of trends reshaping the landscape
- A comprehensive SWOT analysis of the destination’s Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats
- An understanding of the target market
- A competitive analysis
- The establishment short term goals for years 1-5
- The identification of additional long term goals of 5, 10, 15, and 20 years.
- An evaluation of the destination’s brand in meeting the goals
- An action plan to achieve the goals
- A communication plan to stakeholders and industry leaders
- A plan to measure progress planning achieving goals
Contact us for more ideas in putting together your destination’s strategic plan.
Read more about our Strategic Plan Package for Small Businesses, and a special offer for VISIT FLORIDA Small Business Partners.