Complementing a Strategic Plan, the annual Sales and Marketing Plan for a Destination Marketing Organization is a crucial document. Crafted with the same attention to team member buy-in as our Strategic Plans, the Sales and Marketing Plan is the blueprint for all sales, advertising, public relations, and promotional activities for the year.
Key deliverables include:
- The Situation Analysis – covering key trends and destination attributes, combined with an understanding of where the destination’s long-term goals lie
- Target Markets – identification of the geographic, demographic, and lifestyle characteristics of potential visitors
- Competitive Analysis – understanding of the most likely available alternatives for the target audience
- Branding and Positioning – restatement of the destination’s brand and it’s unique selling proposition, to position the destination strongly within the competitive landscape
- Performance Goals – clear agreement as to the goals to be met from sales and marketing activities
- Messaging and Call to Action – development of the message to be communicated and the visitor behavior to be encouraged to meet the performance goals
- Action Plans – details on the individual campaigns to be executed, including creative, media, and distribution plans
- Measurement Plan – agreement on the metrics to be used to validate success and the procedure to collect the data needed for measurement
Contact us to receive a sample plan of our past work.